Steve has over 30 years experience in Environmental Health and is a member of the New Zealand Institute of Environmental Health.
During his extensive career he has been a regulator; academic; policy developer and implementer, both in New Zealand and the UK.
As an Environmental Health professional he brings a holistic view to any project.
Steve’s experience includes:
- Education and Training – needs analysis, curriculum design, development and delivery.
- Food Safety – knowledge of food safety programmes; training; legislative and policy development and implementation
- Civil Defence and Emergency Management – including practical experience in a number of national emergencies
- Occupational Health assessments from small business operations to large projects
- Hazardous and Toxic Substances advice including field assessments to reviews of practise, policy and legislation; including the co-authoring of a book on the subject.
- Communicable disease control – investigation of single cases of infectious disease, through to epidemics, including contact tracing and source investigation
- Housing habitability assessment
- Water quality management and water pollution control
- Environmental Impact Report Assessment
- A diverse range of Project Management activities
- Consultancy with the World Health Organisation
- Presentations at National and International forums and conferences